Cooking with Booze Recipe: Vodka Salmon Nests
Wondering what to serve your guests at your pre-party? We found a website called Cooking With Booze which focus on… well cooking with booze..
Try their pioneer recipe: Salmon nests with vodka. Yum :)
- 5 sheets phyllo pastry
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) melted butter
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp (25 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp (25 mL) vodka
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) cayenne
- 1/2 lb (250 g) thin-sliced smoked salmon, coarsely chopped
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) red onion, minced
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) capers
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh dill, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Coat 4 medium-sized ramekins (175 mL) or muffin tins with cooking spray or melted butter.
- Brush each sheet of Phyllo with melted butter and stack one on top of the other. Cut phyllo layers into 4 equal squares and place each stack into a ramekin. Bake for 15 minutes or until edges are golden and pastry is crisp throughout. Remove from oven and place ramekins on rack to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, vodka, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne. Set aside. In a medium bowl, combine salmon, onion and capers. Add olive oil mixture and dill and toss well to combine.
- Remove phyllo cups from ramekins. Fill cups with salmon mixture and serve.