Fläskpannkaka! - or „WTF?! ..a Bacon Cake?!“
Sweden is expensive- especially when it comes to food- so here a disturbing sounding but actually great tip from Swedish students.
In a nutshell: Pancake dough - with bacon - made in a casserole - in the oven -served with lingonberry jam.
Sounds weird- tastes great!!!!! Easy to make, cheap and actually a native Swedish dish!
It takes you 10 min to prepare and about 30-40 minutes to bake in the oven.
For 4 portions you’ll need:
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour
- 8 cups milk
- as much bacon as you want
- lingonberry jam
How to bake bacon cake:
- Preheat the oven to 175 °.
- Fry the bacon in a pan.
- Mix eggs with salt and half the milk in a seperate bowl, little by little add the flour until you have a smooth dough.
- Add remaining milk.
- Add fried bacon.
- Bake in the middle row of the oven for about 30- 40 minutes (you decide when a “nice color” is reached).
- Serve with lingonberry jam!
Result: emptied plates and amazed + satisfyed test-eaters!
Let us know how your bacon cake turned out or share your favorite low-budget recipe with us !!