Exam Time? Learn How to Pull an All-Nighter!!
Something you need to get done by tomorrow and no later than that?
OK- It’s on!! Being the responsible person that you are, you try to stay up late to get it done. We present the top 10 tips to help you with this “adventure”.
MOTIVATION is the most important thing in terms of keeping awake and working on the project-so guys; lets get started!
- Take A Shower -It’s very refreshing, gives a good start and will prevent you from smelling like a bumb in the next morning.
- Sit upright at a table. Never work on a bed, a couch, or on the floor- you will get too comfortable and sleep will take over.
- Take some time to rest before you jump into your studying. When you come home from class, take at least an hour or so to eat and relax before you brace yourself and jump into the all-nighter.
- Ask any friends that also have to stay up to join you. Taking little breaks and chatting breaks up the monotony and you can motivate each other.
- Yummy snacks always help. Avoid fatty and heavy foods. Instead, snack on something light and healthy such as nuts, fruit and yeah, come one- some essential soul food (chocolate).
- Avoid too much caffeine. Caffeine only works for a short period of time. Drink ice cold water- it will wake you up and will cause you to make more trips to the restroom, which will keep you up and moving.
- Keep it cool! The room-temperature should be not too warm, as warmth makes you sleepy- therefore study in a colder room or open the window.
- Get a break every now and then and entertain yourself. Surf the Internet and/or chat online during your breaks. It keeps you relaxed and your mind going. Click HERE to find some short online funny/relaxing breaks.
- Play energizing music- if it won’t distract you, most people study better if the music doesn’t contain someone singing- Check for example Paul Kalkbrenner or similar artists to get you going!
- Set your computer screen to a low (duller/ darker) setting to relax your eyes. Take a break from reading of your computer once a while.
BUT: When All Else Fails
Ok seriously- when you tried and maybe actually succeeded in pulling it off- you might still not be done in time.. That’s Life! It is (hopefully) only one little paper/ exam and not everything will depend on it.
Share your “best practice” or all-nighter-experiences with us!