Partying in Copenhagen.. but where to go!? The bars are hard to rank as there’s something for everyone, but we have decided to take prices into account as well. So, we proudly present:
1. Basement Bar (LINK) - Go here for the best bartenders, prices and music! It’s a small place with a great atmosphere! Request songs, sing along and dance the Macarena (even on tables). The bar looks somewhat trashy, but who cares when you can party like a rockstar!
Betina has hands-on experience and spent most of 2009/10 there.
For smokers - it’s one of the only bars in the area where you can smoke in-doors, but they have good air condition so it isn’t so bad (especially if you had a shot or ten).
2. Hornsleth Bar (LINK) - is a very peculiar place! The name comes from a Danish artist that makes quite pornographic pictures, which sets the decoration of the bar!
They have great drinks, but not as student-friendly prices as Basement. A popular place where we (Lisa, Jenny, Lasse and Betina) have all been partying together, and had the best time. It’s a popular place and you are guaranteed to find handsome looking guys and girls there.
3. Simpelt V (LINK) - Located in Vesterbro, the kind of trashy but still hip part of Copenhagen, this is the place to go if you not into sipping champagne and expensive cocktails. The bar is reasonably priced, they only play rock music and you can smoke there as well.
We recommend you go order a Russian Cocaine shot which is their specialty. (it’s like a tequila shot, but with Kahlua, vodka, coffee and lime).
4. 1105 (LINK) - is THE place if you feel like giving yourself a treat! They have THE BEST cocktails in town (and awards proving that)! But, but, but, the prices are starting from 100 Dkr. for one cocktail (which always contains minimum 4 cl of alcohol). TIP: try the Cucumber Yum Yum, which surprisingly actually tastes like cucumber…
5. Charlies Bar Copenhagen (LINK) - If you are a beer-enthusiastic you wanna go here! They have all sorts of beer and serve them the way they are supposed to be served! It’s a very small bar, but oh so cosy. And… They have the “Michelin star” of bars, as the only ones (bar-wise) in Copenhagen! So truly worth a visit!!